I love the All Star Game. First, you get to watch all these great baseball talents. Second, there are usually appearances by baseball immortals from the past. Third, I love the exquisite irony of mortal foes rooting for each other on the same team (Giants and Dodgers or Yankees and Red Sox).
For the Giants, there is a glorious history in the All Star Mid Summer classic.
I have watched every All Star Game since and including 1979, the famous Dave Parker to Gary Carter put out at home.
In 2012 a Giant was MVP
Here are the line ups for tonight’s game:
American League starting lineup
- Mookie Betts, RF, Red Sox
- Jose Altuve, 2B, Astros
- Mike Trout, CF, Los Angeles Angels
- J.D. Martinez, DH, Red Sox
- Jose Ramirez, 3B, Cleveland Indians
- Aaron Judge, LF, New York Yankees
- Manny Machado, SS, Baltimore Orioles
- Jose Abreu, 1B, Chicago White Sox
- Salvador Perez, C, Kansas City Royals
Chris Sale, SP, Red Sox
National League starting lineup
- Javier Baez, 2B, Chicago Cubs
- Nolan Arenado, 3B, Colorado Rockies
- Paul Goldschmidt, DH, Arizona Diamondbacks
- Freddie Freeman, 1B, Atlanta Braves
- Matt Kemp, LF, Dodgers
- Bryce Harper, CF, Nationals
- Nick Markakis, RF, Atlanta Braves
- Brandon Crawford, SS, San Francisco Giants
- Willson Contreras, C, Chicago Cubs
Max Scherzer, SP, Nationals
First pitch is at 8:00 PM, Walter Johnson time.