Giants (24-26) Vs Cubs (25-21) at Wrigley Field, 2:20 PM.
Derek Holland (2-5, 4.94) Vs Kyle Hendricks (3-3, 3.40)
Mac is back. He will be playing left field.
Did you know that 67 years ago today, on May 25, 1951 Willie Mays made his Major League debut for the Giants in an 8-5 victory against the Phillies at Shibe Park?
This is a day that should be revered as a national holiday, or at least a state and baseball holiday. There should be commemorative patches and speeches before all the games, such was the thrilling impact, both culturally and sportingly, Willie Mays had.
Tallulah Bankhead said it best:
“There have only been two geniuses in the world — Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare.”
Bruce Bochy said Mac Williamson will be the team’s everyday left fielder.
— Andrew Baggarly (@extrabaggs) May 25, 2018
- Will Mac Williamson have an immediate impact on the line up in his first game back from the disabled list?
- Does the Mac Williamson promotion mean the Giants are going to make more youth-first moves in the outfield with Duggar et. al?
- Should the Giants be interested in acquiring Hanley Ramirez since the Red Sox DFA’d him today?
- Which pitcher goes to the bullpen or to Sacramento when MadBum returns?
- Who will lead the Giants in runs scored this season?