The end of the first half is nearly upon us. The Giants have an impressive four-game winning streak going. The streak is not your standard variety thanks to the ridiculous amount of runs our San Franciscans are scoring. They are not just hitting. They are hitting homers left, right and center and driving in runs in all situations from up and down the line up. I’ve never been a big fan of team batting average as a stat because it does not tell you the whole story from a run-scoring point of view.
Evan Longoria is on fire. Kevin Pillar, Donovan Solano and Brandon Belt are all hitting. It’s a fun time.
Game time tonight is 7:05 PM, Barry Bonds Time. Drew Pomeranz is on the hill and facing Dakota Hudson of the Cardinals, perhaps the National League’s most perplexing, and maybe, underachieving team so far.
Brandon Crawford is back in the line up after resting his hamstring.
Happy Orange Friday!
- Is Evan Longoria trade bait now that he is hitting?
- Should the Giants pump the brakes on that rebuild now that they are trending towards contention?
- Will Bruce Bochy find a way to get Donovan Solano in tonight’s line up with BCraw returning?
- Is there a future for Pomeranz in San Francisco?
- Should Brandon Belt lead off regularly?