Today’s Game: Giants (80-71) Vs Dodgers (85-66) at Dodger Stadium, 7:00 pm
Matt Moore (4-4, 4.01) vs Kenta Maeda (15-9, 3.24)
It seems we say this before every game: “The Giants need a win tonight”. Well, no matter how much we say it the phrase is not any less accurate. Our boys from San Francisco are in search of a series win against their arch-nemesis, the Dodgers of the City of Angels, a team not to be confused with the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, Orange County, California, United States of America, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
Matt Moore appears primed to become a rotation stud, a key part of our very own murder’s row of starting pitchers. Kenta Maeda pitches for the Dodgers tonight. The Japanese right-hander has quietly crafted a superb season after missing some time due to injury.
Some Questions for Tonight’s Game:
- Who is available in the bullpen for the Giants after last night’s successful stint?
- What kind of line up is Bochy putting together after Hernandez and Williamson made starts in a winning effort?
- How long will Brandon Crawford be out with his dislocated finger?
- Who will be at short in Crawford’s absence?
- Will the Giants ever learn to hit a curve ball?
The Giants have won one of their last one games and are in position for the next crucial step on the way to the fourth ring: one more victory and a series win at Dodger Stadium.