Figuring a motorcycle ride would be better than watching the Giants get Giancarlo Stantoned all night I left the game after the third inning. My choice was a good one. Since I did not post five questions for yesterday’s preview (I was too wound up with Miami hate) I will pose them here in the recap:
- Why didn’t the Giants pull Joe Panik from the game Sunday night after he was hit in the head by a 100 mph throw?
- Why did Ty Blach keep pitching Giancarlo belt-high fastballs (89 mph versions) on the inside corner?
- Is this the most cursed Giants season ever?
- Will Odrisamer Despaigne haunt the Giants for all eternity?
- Have Giants starting pitchers ever heard of the shutdown inning?
This was a good old fashioned Miami crapfest. Yes, the Marlins own the Giants. Yes, the Giants had to be very fatigued after their wild weekend in Washington. But when you get beaten soundly by the likes of Adam Conley, you still have to do a little soul-searching.
For my money the worst news yesterday was the revelation that Joey Baseball is hurting and may be put on the concussion DL. This is a real killer for so many reasons I don’t need to get into.