Smarge is inching closer to respectability with his 8-12 record. Tonight he tries to get win number 9.
There is something to be said for getting back to .500. It’s an admirable goal and Samardzija is definitely a pitcher who has suffered from poor outfield defense.
Lost in the shuffle with the eclipse, the death of Jerry Lewis and the Little League Classic was the passing of Dick Gregory, a true comic legend, a passionate advocate and activist; and a fascinating man.
Some famous Dick Gregory quotes:
I went to Ethiopia, and it dawned on me that you can tell a starving, malnourished person because they’ve got a bloated belly and a bald head. And I realized that if you come through any American airport and see businessmen running through with bloated bellies and bald heads, that’s malnutrition, too.
And we love to dance, especially that new one called the Civil War Twist. The Northern part of you stands still while the Southern part tries to secede.
I never believed in Santa Claus because I knew no white dude would come into my neighborhood after dark.
- Should the Giants cut the cord on the Panda experiment by September 1?
- Can Chris Stratton make the Giants pitching staff next season as a long man?
- Will Johnny Cueto opt out and shock every one this off-season?
- When was the last time the Giants scored an earned run?
- Who will pitch the Giants’ next shutout?