Greek Giant is on assignment and asked me to fill in for him today.
What the heck was that? Last night the Giants lost a debacle. What a pity for a team short on pitching to waste Logan Webb’s six inning, two-run effort in which he was quite good, escaping a jam here and there but generally on top of his game.
Unfortunately, so was Bryan Woo.
I am writing this from a beach in Baja so I will keep it short with a few bullet points as my analysis. I could write a considerably long diatribe about that game but what good will that do? I want to get back to my fish tacos.
- Blake Sabol can hit a high fastball
- Blake Sabol’s catching shortcomings are forgiven when he hits like he did last night
- Logan Webb is solid
- Yaz returned to the field
- So did Conforto
- Camilo had a crap game and needs to hold runners on
- Casey Schmitt has disappeared into a black hole
- The Giants need more offense
- Brandon Crawford needs to hit
- The Giants have dropped three straight and five of seven. They are 4-7 since winning 10 straight from June 11-21.
- The Giants are still the walking wounded because…Thairo Estrada went on the 10-day IL with a broken left hand after he was hit by a fastball Sunday night
- Rght-hander Anthony DeSclafani went on the 15-day injured list with shoulder fatigue.
It’s official, we are in the middle of a Giants June Monsoon. The All Star Break can’t get here fast enough.
Happy Birthday Camilo. Shake off last night’s game.
Here is Sabol’s first dinger.
Blake AREAAA pic.twitter.com/M4Mh3oeCu7
— SFGiants (@SFGiants) July 4, 2023
Happy Fourth of July everyone!